Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Pink Slime??


You would have to be an ostrich with your head buried in the sand in order to be unaware of the controversy going on right now regarding Lean Finely Textured/Trim Beef (A.K.A. LFTB or "Pink Slime").  There is a lot of media information out there attacking Beef Production Inc.(BPI) and the LFTB product.  This information has been spreading through the news and social media like a wildfire and has put a scare into consumers.  
As an advocate for beef cattle and a mother myself, I am just as concerned as you are about whether or not this LFTB product is safe for my own family as well as yours.  So, I decided to do a little investigating of my own.  This is what I found: Ammonia hydroxide is already found naturally in all proteins that we eat, plant or animal.  In fact, there is more found in the bun that you put your hamburger on than there is in the burger itself, 50 mg versus the 20 mg found in the burger.  

The bottom line is that LFTB is still 100% beef and the beef industry is just as concerned for the safety of the food that we eat as we are.  If you would like more information you can get the facts at www.beefisbeef.com   

If you would like to join the fight for the truth, you can!  

·         Join the facebook group "People for the truth" at www.facebook.com/#!/groups/242152605881315           or

·         Follow "People for the truth" on Twitter @ #beefisbeef

Now I am going to go eat my burger!!


No comments:

Post a Comment